What is the Ottawa Rhythmic Gymnastics Club Parent Association (ORGCPA)?
The ORGCPA is a non-profit, parent-volunteer run organization. We are committed to providing support services to parents, gymnasts, and coaches in both the Interclub and Provincial streams.As parents of competitive gymnasts registered with the Ottawa Rhythmic Gymnastics Club, you are all members of this parent’s association. Your involvement, big or small, provides important support and encouragement to your gymnast.
Mandate: To help support ORGC in the development of our gymnasts as athletes and as growing human beings.
Mission Statement: To ensure that all our gymnasts have access to an environment that promotes positive growth through relevant and engaging activities that will offer our gymnasts a well-rounded and complete experience.
Through its membership the ORGCPA seeks to:
– social activities for both gymnasts and their parents in order to promote club unity (e.g. fall social)
– special activities to help promote gymnast health and development (e.g. special workshops, social activities)
– annual used costume sale
– volunteers to assist with various tasks (e.g. moving carpets, vacuuming, and other Club events)
– between the Club and the parents by providing information and services concerning club activities (e.g. newcomer information)
– in support of the ORGCPA mandate through initiatives such as sales of baked goods and snacks at the Christmas and End of Year shows
– for hosting the occasional provincial competition and special events
The ORGCPA is run by a group of parent volunteers. Let us know if you can help.
President: Karin Johnson
Vice-President: Mellissa Boicey
Treasurer: Glen McGregor